SLDR 430 Driver
Better players who like to bend the ball to the right or left off the tee will love SLDR 430, with its slightly smaller head size of 430cc that makes it easier to impart shot-shaping sidespin. Read More
INTRODUCING SLDR 430 - The New Standard in Power & Control
Better players who like to bend the ball to the right or left off the tee will love SLDR 430, with its slightly smaller head size of 430cc that makes it easier to impart shot-shaping sidespin. Like the original, full-size SLDR driver, SLDR 430 is engineered with a low-forward CG location.
Positioning the CG low and forward dramatically changes the way a TaylorMade driver behaves at impact by promoting faster ball speed and a lower spin-rate – two of the three key ingredients that generate more distance. The third ingredient is an appropriately high launch angle. You can achieve that by increasing your loft (we call it “lofting up”) using SLDR 430’s Loft-Sleeve technology. The need to “loft up” with a low-forward CG is so essential that we’re offering SLDR 430 not only in 9.5° and 10.5°, but also 12°. If that sounds crazy, consider that numerous Tour pros are playing 12° SLDR drivers for one reason – they’re getting big boosts in distance.
SLDR 430 also incorporates the same innovative sliding weight mechanism TaylorMade introduced with the SLDR 460. A blue 20-gram weight slides on a track located on the front of the sole. This sliding weight shifts the clubhead’s CG horizontally toward either the heel, to promote a draw, or toward the toe, to promote a fade. SLDR movable weight technology delivers six millimeters of CG movement – that’s 50% more than the R1 driver – promoting a side-to-side trajectory change of up to 30 yards. The SLDR weight slides on a 21-point track system and never comes loose from the clubhead, and repositioning it is a quick and simple process.
- Smaller tour-inspired head with a stunning modern-classic shape and charcoal-gray crown.
- Low-forward CG makes this one of our lowest spinning drivers ever.
- Easy and intuitive SLDR sliding weight promotes up to 30 yards of shot shape adjustment.
- 21 SLDR weight positions to dial in the desired shot shape.
- Increase or reduce the loft up to 1.5° with 12-position loft-sleeve for optimal trajectory.
- Silver button-back works with subtle crown markings for easy clubface alignment.
- Fujikura Speeder 67 shaft blends great feel and playability.
For other custom shaft options please view our TP Version