Jason Day Goes Wire-to-Wire to Win 2016 THE PLAYERS Championship
In winning the 2016 THE PLAYERS Championship, world no.1 Jason Day joins four other players to win THE PLAYERS, a Major and a WGC in their career.
What you need to know:
- Day plays a 10.5* M1 460 that plays to 9.5* with a MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X shaft tipped 1", the same driver he's played since last year's BMW Championship
- Day went wire-to-wire at THE PLAYERS, following an opening 63 (-9) which equalled the course record
- This is his 10th PGA TOUR win and 7th in his last 17 starts since the 2015 RBC Canadian Open
- Jason has now won eight times since the start of the 2013-14 PGA Tour season - the most of any PGA Tour player in that timeframe
- Day rotates between a UDI, RSi TP and RSi 2 2-iron. This week he played the RSi2 2-iron, which is shafted with the same irons he plays in his RSi TP irons (DG X7)
- Day plays a combination of TaylorMade's new Tour Preferred Satin Chrome EF wedges. While his lofts vary from tournament to tournament, at Austin CC he played a 47* in the Tour Grind and 52* & 58* in ATV grind with True Temper DG Tour Issue S400 shafts.
In Day's Winning Bag:
- M1 460 Driver / 10.5* / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X tipped 1"
- M2 Fairway / 17* / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80x tipped 1.5"
- RSi TP irons / 4-9, PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
- RSi2 2-iron / True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
- Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome Wedges / 47 (Tour Grind), 52 & 58 (ATV grind) Temper DG Tour Issue S400 (wedges bent to 48, 54, 60 respectively)
- Tour Preferred X Golf Ball #87 (Year of Birth)
- Itsy Bitsy Ghost Spider Itsy Bitsy Proto Putter
- adidas Golf TOUR360 BOA BOOST Footwear
- Climachill 3-Stripes Polo
- adidas Golf 3-Stripes
- New Era Tour 39Thirty Hat