TaylorMade's Daniel Berger Breaks Through in Memphis; Captures First PGA TOUR Title with Win at FedEx St. Jude Classic
After switching into both M2 driver and fairway, reigning PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year Daniel Berger powered through the field in Memphis, claiming his first victory on Tour and now enters the U.S. Open in optimal form.
With 4 wins in the last 5 PGA TOUR events, the M Driver Family continues to dominate on Sundays and build the momentum heading into Oakmont.
What You Need to Know:
- Berger’s victory came with a duo of new clubs in the bag; a new M2 driver and M2 fairway, which he put in play just this week. He averaged 309.8 yards off the tee this week in Memphis en route to victory at TPC Southwind.
- His M2 driver is a 10.5* model with a Fujikura Pro53X shaft.
- The win is the first on the PGA TOUR for the 2014-'15 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year.
- Berger is the second youngest player to win the FedEx St. Jude Classic at the age of 23 and the youngest since 1968.
- His win is projected to move him from 50th to 14th in the FedExCup point standings.
- Berger is also an ambassador for TaylorMade’s myRoundPro, a standalone analytics platform. Start tracking your rounds and gathering in-depth stats to improve your game: https://www.myroundpro.com/
In Berger’s Winning Bag:
- Driver: M2 10.5* Fujikura Pro Series 53X
- Fairway: M2 17* UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 75
- Irons: RocketBladez Tour 3-iron Project X 6.5
- Irons: Tour Preferred MC Forged (‘11) 4-PW Project X 6.5
- Wedges: Tour Prefereed EF Wedges 50* (Tour Grind) & 56* & 60* (ATV Grind)
- Putter: Corza Ghost
- Apparel: adidas Golf Ultimate Tapered Fit Pant & adidas Golf climachill™ Solid Club Polo
© 2016 Taylor Made Golf Company, Inc. PGA TOUR is a registered trademark of PGA TOUR, Inc., and U.S. OPEN is a registered trademark of the United States Golf Association, which do not endorse TaylorMade, adidas Golf or their products.